Monday, August 12, 2013

Pinterest Craft- TNT Minecraft Cake/Party

So.. My Little Guy had a birthday last month and we let him pick his theme. Of course being the typical 11yo he went with a Minecraft Theme. Being that this Mom knows just the bare basics about Minecraft I decided it was time to click that Pinterest ap.
After looking around we found these inspiration photos:




Of course you know that I waited until the very last minute to do anything!! But I put the teenagers on decorating duty, and they did such an awesome job. 



They made the cups and balloons as well as several minecraft blocks, and a huge creeper on the wall! Now that decorations were done it was time to tackle the cake. Now I love to bake but I have never done cake like this before! I found a recipe for marshmallow fondant. Like this one here-->
http://rosebakes.com/how-to-make-homemade-marshmallow-fondant-yummy/
And jumped right in! Thankfully I had lots of help (and let me say my hubbies amazing at this!). The cake turned out perfect even though we had a few bumps. We ending up painting the red on because we just couldn't get it to mix in at all! Also when I say last minute I do mean it ( we finished the cake maybe 10 minutes before my parents walked in!!). But my little guy was tickled and that is all that really matters. Here are a few pictures of the finished product. 







No comments:

Post a Comment