Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pinterest Craft - Chalkboard Table

I love looking at all the great craft ideas on Pinterest. 
I mean they all look so easy and the finished product is always picture perfect... Right???
I can dream ... Can't I? 
Anyway... I was looking at all the super cute chalk paint colors and all the really neat chalkboard painted tables, and I got to thinking (I know scary- right?). You see my kids really LOVE board game. You heard me right!! They love old-fashion board games


See what I mean!! So when I started seeing all the chalkboard tables I thought "I really need to do that!"
So with this as my inspiration: 



I set out to make our kitchen table a game/art table. I decided to just go with the black chalkboard paint (mainly because it will make a great backdrop for picture taking). After a quick run to the store, my girl and I started painting. I think it turn out pretty good, and the kids love drawing on it. In fact my bigs use it as scratch paper when doing their algebra homework.

So I started with this:


And we ended up with...


Of course one of my sweet loves just had to see if you could write on it with a pencil (BTW pencil does NOT come off) which lead to this note. 


Which they thought was just sooooooo funny!!! Anyway I'm happy with it. Now back to Pinterest to see what I can do next :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment